There is plenty of food out in the world I could easily pass over, but cheese is not one of them. Sadly. a cheese recall has been announced and it is one that most of us have in our fridge already. Please check over this list and pass it on so no one gets sick from this tainted cheese.
Sargento Foods Inc. has issued a recall of seven kinds of cheese due to a potential contamination with listeria monocytogene. The company says no illnesses have been reported yet. Listeriosis is a serious infection usually caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes.
Here are the products that have been recalled so far.
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Sell By” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17”
- Out of an abundance of caution, Sargento also recalled the following products because they were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “F28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
Click here for the FULL LIST of products that may be tainted.
The list is quite extensive, but just taking a few moments to share this information you could help someone. I hope they are able to get this issue under control and quickly!
Please share this info with everyone you know.